Plan a Vacation with a Scrapbook for the Best Vacation Ever!
What do you mean, plan a vacation with a scrapbook?
Everywhere, people are posting pictures of their befores and afters.
- Rooms redesigned
- Furniture (hmm, you will probably mine here, here, or even here)
- Bodies transformed
- Make-up or hair makeovers
- Clean houses instead of clutter
Why not do a before and after of your vacation? I mean, come on! You plan a vacation, right? At least if it’s somewhere you have never been before, or if you have a certain goal in mind. So why not plan a vacation up to the next level? That way you can also see what you thought about doing versus what you actually did. Or even make a book of a dream of a lifetime vacation.
I went all out on planning this book for a friend!
A good friend of mine (Cruzen) saw my photo album of my Las Vegas vacation. You can create one on the Walmart website. It’s a memory that will last a lifetime, and it was done very professionally. She was so jealous of the fun she saw in the album that she talked her Boo into cancelling one of the cruises for the year and booked a week in Las Vegas. She didn’t know what to do in Vegas; Read more
The toilet flapper? The stopper? The whatchamacallit? Whatever name you use for that contraption that makes the tank refill with water after you flush the toilet, you need to become familiar with it. Why? Because it will need to be replaced every two to five years. And a home goddess doesn’t need to waste the $50-$100 by calling a plumber (I have friends who do) when you can do it yourself. Yes, even a diy home goddess can do this, easy peasy.
Why do you need to change the toilet flapper? There are two reasons to change a toilet flapper (the handyman official name for it):
- If you have a chain, the chain broke. It’s metal, it can happen. You can’t flush the toilet at all.
- The rubber no longer seals the hole where the water escapes. The water never stops running, because the water keeps leaving the tank; it never gets full.
My Story – “Tanks A Lot!”
When was my first time? I had used the toilet before I headed to work one morning. The toilet would not flush. I opened the tank, and saw the chain was broken and spread around the base. I lifted the metal bar for a manual flush and rushed off to work.
Not just mashed potatoes, but garlic mashed potatoes! What is better than that? I can’t think of too many dishes that are better than a correctly made garlic mash. I grew up on mashed potatoes, but once I tried it with garlic in it, I knew I was in love.
I have tried to make mashed potatoes correctly ever since I started learning how to cook. It didn’t matter what recipe I tried, they just didn’t turn out tasting as good as those in a great steakhouse.
- I tried different seasonings.
- I tried different levels of milk fat.
- I tried butter versus margarine.
- I tried different kinds of potatoes.
- I tried peeling versus not peeling, whole versus chunked versus diced.
- How to do the garlic, mashed, chopped, diced, cooked, not cooked, boiled or raw.
- I tried a hand mixer versus the more powerful kitchenaid mixer. I had a masher, but never used it for that, because I thought it was not necessary.