Sometimes I need a quick decorating idea. Why? Because we all get bored with our house occasionally. I get tired of looking at the same old rooms all the time. But how does a diyhomegoddess afford a full house makeover?
She doesn’t! She changes it up with what she has, or hits a yard sale/flea market! Or even Walmart! Quick decorating ideas are all over the internet. And in your mind.
Quick Decorating Ideas for Rooms
The easiest thing to do is to rearrange your furniture. No cost involved, only time! But what if a diyhomegoddess doesn’t have that option? What if there’s no reasonable way to rearrange?What else can she do?
- Buy an ottoman or two for more storage, complimenting your color scheme. Bonus!
- Move the furniture away from the walls. It creates a more intimate setting!
- Toss a colorful blanket over the sofa for a pop of color, and warmth on cold nights!
- Do you have a tiny nook? Put a card table and chairs, with your game collection, ready for family night!
- Go to a flea market or yard sale and get some new chairs for your breakfast table. You can find some really cheap with just a bit of clean up!
- Display a few of your most used cookbooks on an island, table, or a small shelf. That way you aren’t always dragging them out!
- Do you have an antique spoon? Or something passed down but you don’t use? Hang it on the wall!
- Have different kitchen towels to add a pop of unexpected color by your sink or stove!
- Love your curtains, but want to replace the scheme? Use the old ones to reupholster your dining room or kitchen chairs!
- Buy a cheap butler table, and put your coffee pot and all the accessories in the dining room. Instant after dinner coffee!
- Buy a mirror. It will make the room look more spacious!
- Have two or more sets of bedding, if you have storage. You can have different schemes for the seasons, using different thicknesses of blankets. Awesome idea Jonathan Scott!
- Who says all your family pictures have to be in a hallway or living room?
- Add a cheap chair, to throw your pillows on at night. And reading space when you aren’t in bed!
- Use washi tape to cover plastic picture frames. Instant pop of color. You can find washi in all colors and designs!
- Do you have a swatch of material or wallpaper where you love the design? Frame it and put it on the wall. Who says it has to be a real picture for the wall!
- Do you have commemorative plates? Hang them on the wall to save shelf space for books!
- Use frames that have glass on both sides, so the wall color comes through!
- Put down a rug runner on your hardwood floors. Right by the front or back door and you will leave the outside dirt on the rug instead of your hardwood!
- Add a bold knick-knack or two to your bookshelves. Makes the look less cluttered!
- Put out a basket for your pictures, instead of keeping them in bulky photo albums. People will be drawn to them!
- Do your sliding doors always hop off the track? Take them down and put up heavy curtains instead!
- Stack some books horizontally instead of vertically. Instant bookend if you put them next to vertically placed books!
Places For Inspiration for Quick Decorating Ideas
WHAT IS YOUR BEST CHEAP DECORATING IDEA YOU WANT TO SHARE?